Me in 10 seconds
I am a father, a husband and a son. I am a computer scientist, a data protection, security, legal and compliance professional currently working for the insurance tech holding group wefox. I am an also a passionate learner constantly improving my skills in my spare time. I am a salsa teacher and a choir member. I believe in power of continous learning and love to iterate on mental models, frameworks, learning techniques, and productivity methods. I do wakeboarding and cold swimming, jogging and some light calisthenics to keep myself and my brain fit.
Joyful Planner 2024!Transform your year into an extraordinary journey! Discover a practical three-step framework to create a life filled with purpose, balance, and joy. Dive in for insightful strategies and a free, handy tool to guide you towards achieving your most meaningful goals. Download my Google Sheet FREE Joyful Planner 2024!
My Services: How Can I Help Elevate Your Business?
While maintaining a part-time commitment to my primary employer, I've dedicated the rest of my time to consulting. I'm driven by a passion to empower startups and SMBs (small and medium-sized businesses) who often seek expertise in specialized areas listed below. My motivation? To support innovation with smooth and fast processes, and continually refine and share my knowledge.
My goal is to provide solutions tailored to the unique challenges faced by my clients. Since our life is too short to be sad, boring, and inefficient, I try to deliver my services as fast and as high in quality as I possibly can. To ensure we're the right fit, I offer the first hour of hands-on consulting or an inaugural presentation at your firm, absolutely free of charge. This serves as a platform for us to understand one another and determine the potential for an impactful collaboration. Curious about how I can assist? Simply DM me on LinkedIn.
- Set up legal templates: (M)NDA, SaaS agreement templates, SOW, Amendments, DPA, TOMs, SCC. standards terms & conditions.
- Review a contract provided by your client.
- Help you to negotiate contractual terms with a current or a potential client.
- Give a talk to introduce your management to the security certification ISO 27001 (including all required steps, timeline, effort and prices).
- Help you implement ISO 27001 and get certified.
- Help your company to migrate from ISO 27001:2013 to ISO 27001:2022.
- Data Protection:
- Set up a data protection program in your company.
- Carry out a GDPR gap assessment and help close the findings.
- Help implement any of the required data protection processes (e.g., incident management, data subject request, subprocessor management).
- Create any of missing policies (e.g., data retention and data deletion policy, incident management policy).
- Help you create essential documents for a successful, efficient and quick sales process: Offer Template, White Paper on Data Protection and Security, Legal Templates.
- Help you define a state-of-the-art pricing and packaging structure for your SaaS service.
- Create an efficient compliance program fitting for a local or international company.
- Help you set up tailored trainings for essential compliance topics.
- Ensure your organisation is compliant with all applicable laws and regulations.
|I was lucky in my life to be able to build up a unique combination of skills from multiple related domains - data protection, legal, IT, security, and others. This skill set allows me to efficiently deliver agile consulting to various companies in Europe and the USA, and excel in my daily work.
Computer Science and Information Technologies
Other specific skills
Articles, Videos, Summaries, Links, Resources
Here are my articles, videos and summaries that I would like to share with you. No particular order so far. I just like to have them online, also because I can easily send a reference to somebody I care about.
- Certifications, audits, reports
- Data Protection
- Mindset, frameworks, metamodels
- Leadership and communication
- Life style
- Learning languages
- Book summaries
Here is an anecdote. In one of the previous companies, it took us four sitting in the same room several months to figure out by accident that we read same books, have interest for the same life concepts and use the same type of meta models. We laughted a lot about it. Later on, an investor Iskender Dirik shared his so called "User Manual" which helped him a lot to provide his peers a crunch of information about him as an entiry point for working together.
After that, I created my doc which I am sharing with people on a regular basis. Here it is - a short document that describes my communication preferences, provides insights into my leadership and working style, as well as describes me as a person shortly and concisely. It intends to (a) make communication more effective and efficient (b) provide an entity point into my personality to allow the first contact based on shared topics.
In addition to that, here is a short article on leadership and goal setting that I wrote to align with my teams on both topics.
Giving talks and guest lectures is a great opportunity to structure my knowledge and dig deeper into the topic. Here you can find a list of my most recent engagements:
What is "Best of"? At the end of the year I recap what was cool in the past 12 months. I share it with friends and colleagues and ask them to reply with their list. Then I consolidate these lists in an anonymous way and send to those who replied. Here you will find my best-of lists. If you like to participate in this awesome exchange, ping me on LinkedIn to include you into the mailing list.
Why am I doing it? It pushes me to explore new stuff during the year. I also learn a ton from replies that I recieve from other people.